Przejdź do głównej treści

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Required documents – undergraduate programmes

The following list includes the documents required from all candidates, regardless of the programme chosen. The full list of documents specific to a programme may be found in the study card of this programme in the catalogue at

Information on required documents for programmes in Polish can be found at

Documents required upon registration

Documents are not required to confirm a registration, but for specific programmes candidates may be obliged to submit documents to be qualificated for the exam. Documents need to be scaned and uploaded in OAS account. Information on documents required before enrollment is available in each study cards at

Before arriving in Poland and enroling

A full set of original documents needs to be presented for inspection in order to enrol. To avoid problems with enrolment, due to missing or incomplete documentation, we suggest you to prepare documents required in advance, especially those which you cannot obtain in Poland. In most cases it refers to apostille or legalisation of school certificate. You will also need a valid passport or an ID card (for European Union citizens) or a passport (for non-European Union citizens) to be able to successfully enrol.

Documents required upon enrolment

Documents listed below (originals together with their copies) are required to successfully enrol. You should submit them to the appropriate student office. The student office will only keep copies of the documents, after checking their validity against originals. Please contact the appropriate student office if you cannot come to Poland to submit documents by the deadline given—contact data you may find at in respective study card, 'contact' tab.

The following documents are to be submitted upon enrolment:

  • personal questionnaire downloaded from the system, including the photograph
  • Polish Matura certificate or its foreign equivalent

Upon enrollment, candidate presents their identity document for inspection:

  • passport or ID card (for European Union citizens) or passport (for non-European Union citizens)

Additional documents:

  • apostille or legalisation of a document of international qualification, issued outside of Poland
  • certified translation of all documents issued in the language other than the programme language
  • document certifying the required command of the programme language of instruction
  • insurance proof
  • personal referral – if a candidate is referred to a programme
  • decision on recognition of a document of international qualification, issued by the Polish education authority (kurator oświaty)
  • power of attorney – if a candidate is enroled by a representative
  • documents for minors - if a candidate is under 18
  • other documents specific to a programme

Documents description:

First, make sure, that all information in „Personal forms” section is fullfiled properly and the photograph is accepted. Personal questionnaire is available in the OAS account from under the link “Documents and further steps” in the table of the application for the programme after announcment of the ranking list. It should be downloaded, signed and submit with te rest of documents required.

To apply for studies in Poland you need a document (a certificate or another foreign document) that entitles to apply for studies in its country of issue. Its their original must be presented for inspection upon enrolment.

Upon enrolment a candidate is required to confirm their identity with an identity document (passport or - in case of European Union citizens – ID card or passport). If a candidate is enroled by a representative, he also needs to have a copy of candidate’s identity document. It does not have to be translated or notarized.

International qualification certificates obtained outside of Poland (except for the International Baccalaureate diploma and the European Baccalaureate certificate) have to be authenticated with apostille or legalised. This serves as the basis of acknowledging foreign documents as valid in the territory of Poland. If the documents are issued in countries which are parties to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 (Dz.U. z 2005 r. nr 112, poz. 938), apostille has to be obtained. The list of countries and institutions responsible in each country for issuing apostille may be found here. For example, if a diploma is issued in the Ukraine, apostille will be issued by the Ministry of Education in Kiev.

Legalisation, similarly to apostille, confirms the authenticity of a document issued in a country other than Poland. Documents have to be legalized if obtaining an apostille is not possible because the country that issued the document is not a party to the Hague Convention mentioned above. If the certificate was issued in such country, you need to contact the institution responsible in this country for legalising documents (in order to use them abroad). Usually it is the ministry of foreign affairs or ministry of education. After obtaining initial confirmation, the Polish consulate should be contacted in order to finalise legalisation of the document.

Apostille or legalisation must be delivered to the appropriate university unit responsible for enrolment, not later than until 27th September, 2021.

Every document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be enclosed with a scanned copy of its certified translation into Polish or English. Translation should be certified by:

  • person entered into the registry of sworn translators and interpreters kept by the Polish Minister of Justice or
  • person registered in an equivalent function to the Polish sworn translator in a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or
  • Polish consul proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued or
  • diplomatic mission, accredited in Poland, or consular office proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued

All foreigners, in order to undertake studies, must have an insurance valid for at least the first year of studies in Poland, covering medical costs up to 30 000 EUR. The following documents are accepted as insurance proof: a health insurance, a contract or a confirmation from the Polish National Health Fund, or the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If the candidate does not posses this document upon enrolment, they are required to oblige themselves to deliver it by 27 September 2021 by submitting a written declaration to the unit responsible for enrolment.

For study programmes where students are at risk of exposure to dangerous, harmful, or noxious factors, while enroling they are issued a referral for medical examination conducted by a doctor of occupational medicine. Candidates are then obliged to submit the certificate issued as a result of this examination to the unit responsible for enrolment, in line with the dates from the admission schedule. Information on the medical certificate requirement is available in studies cards at the OAS website.

Some certificates are recognized in Poland by virtue of law and they do not require any additional administrative actions in order to undertake studies. Such recognition applies to certificates issued in Member States of the EU, OECD, EFTA and countries with which Poland has signed international agreements on mutual documents recognition (e.g. Ukraine).

Thease are documents obtained in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain, Ireland, Island, Israel, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Mexico, Germany, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, USA, Hungary, UK, Italy.

Additionally certificates covered by international agreements such as Belarus, China, Ukraine.

Certificates issued in other countries than listed above require an additional administrative procedure in order to be recognized as a basis for undertaking higher education in Poland. Such decisions are issued by the appropriate education authority. In order to obtain the decision candidates who reside in Poland should contact the local Polish education authority (kurator oświaty), relevant to the place of their residence. For those who do not reside in Poland this is Małopolskie Kuratorium Oświaty in Kraków. Detailed information about the recognition of certificates obtained abroad is available here.

If, upon enrolment, the candidate does not have a decision on a certificate recognition in Poland, they oblige themselves to obtain this decision by no later than 27 September 2021.

Candidates who undertake studies as NAWA scholarship holders (e.g. The Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, Poland My First Choice Programme, etc.), should check an appropriate box in the OAS account upon registration. Candidates who are holders of scholarships granted by the Minister or by NAWA have to submit a decision stating the terms for financing their studies upon enrolment.

Candidates who are under 18 upon enrolment have to submit additional documents in order to enrol, such as a birth certificate (with its translation) and parent’s written consent to undertake studies by the child. If a minor candidate is enroled by a representative, then an appropriate power of attorney is required (Please note! This is a different form than the one for the enroling candidates above 18). More information regarding minor candidates and document forms to download can be found here (at, in Polish only).

A candidate who is not able to enrol in person can appoint a representative who can submit documents on their behalf. This document forms can be found here.

For specific studies it is required to submit additional documents which have not been mentioned above. A full list of documents required for each of the programme can be found in the OAS catalogue in the study card.