Confirming command of the programme language of instruction
In order to undertake studies in foreign languages it is required to submit a document confirming candidate’s level of competency in the programme language of instruction, unless it is verified during the interview. Candidate needs to possess such document upon registration.
Below is a list of documents recognized by the Jagiellonian University as a confirmation of foreign languages command.
List of documents confirming command of English at least at B2 level:
- Cambridge B2 First (grade C or higher);
- Cambridge C1 Advanced;
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency;
- IELTS Academic (at least 5.5 points);
- TOEFL (at least: iBT: 72 points, ITP: 543 points, CBT: 180 points);
- higher education diploma in the field of English Philology (English Studies);
- higher education diploma, if the language of instruction was English;
- IB diploma;
- EB certificate;
- citizenship of a country in which English is the official language;
- other document (e.g. transcript mark confirming passing the university English language course at least at B2 level).
Programmes in Polish
Besides programmes in foreign languages, we have very wide offer of programmes in Polish. The interview is a mandatory part of admission process for all programmes. Passing the interview with success equals confirming the required command of Polish language by the university.
If you do not speak Polish at all or at least at sufficient level to undertake studies at the Jagiellonian University, you can enrol in one of Polish language courses offered by The Center for Polish Language and Culture in the World by the JU Faculty of Polish Studies:
- summer school with 3, 4, 6-week program;
- one-year and one-semester program in Polish language and culture;
- one-year and one-semester preparatory course for studying in Poland;
- non-intensive semester course in Polish;
- intensive 2-week courses;
- Polish language course for students in the Erasmus program;
- online courses;
- individual courses and other.
A detailed information about courses, dates and fees can be found on the official websites of the Center: www.polishstudies.uj.edu.pl and www.plschool.uj.edu.pl. Enrolment to Polish language courses is conducted by the Center and the School.
Everyone interested in learning Polish from scratch is welcomed to visit the interactive course at A1 level available here.