Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Required documents – graduate programmes

All information available on this website is related to admission for international students. Information related to Polish citizens is available on the website (in Polish only).

Upon admission for the faculties of Pharmacy, Philosophy, Medicine, Management, and Social Communication, as well as for the interdepartmental individual studies in the humanities, a document confirming Polish language proficiency at the B1 level at least is required during the application.
Essential: the requirement to provide a certificate does not mean an exemption from the need to attend an interview.

Below you will find a list of required documents. Information about the enrolment procedure is available HERE.

upon registration

  • document certifying the required command of the program language of instruction (selected programs only);
  • other documents mentioned in the study card in the IRK System (Online Application System)

upon enrolment

available for download from the IRK System account („Documents and further steps” tab):

  • personal questionnaire with a photograph;
  • the basis for admission to Studies;
  • power of attorney.

to prepare:

until 26th of September

  • apostille/legalization
  • health insurance proof

in the term announced in the schedule

  • certificate from an occupational medicine doctor

Documents required upon registration

Documents are not required to confirm registration. Still, for specific programs, candidates may be obliged to submit documents to have their final result calculated, qualify for the exam, or be granted a language exam exemption (mainly for the programmes conducted in English). Documents need to be scanned and uploaded to the IRK account. Information on documents required before enrolment is available in each study card at IRK.

Before arriving in Poland and enrolling

A complete set of original documents must be presented for inspection to enroll. To avoid enrolment problems due to missing or incomplete documentation, we suggest you prepare required documents in advance, especially those you cannot obtain in Poland. In most cases, it refers to apostille or legalization of diploma. You will also need a valid passport or an ID card (for European Union citizens) or a passport (for non-European Union citizens) to enroll successfully.

Documents required upon enrolment

Documents listed below (originals and copies) are required to enroll successfully. You should submit them to the appropriate student office. The student office will only keep copies of the documents after checking their validity against originals. Don’t hesitate to contact the appropriate student office if you cannot come to Poland to submit documents by the given deadline—you may find the contact data on in the ‘contact’ section.

The following documents are to be submitted upon enrolment:

  • personal questionnaire downloaded from the system, including the photograph
  • higher education diploma

Upon enrolment in person, the candidate presents their identity document for inspection:

  • passport or ID card (for European Union citizens) or passport (for non-European Union citizens)

Additional documents:

  • apostille or legalization for a diploma issued outside of Poland
  • certified (sworn) translation of all documents issued in the language other than the program's language
  • document certifying the required command of the program's language of instruction (for selected programs only)
  • health insurance proof
  • decision of granting a NAWA scholarship - if a candidate is a scholarship holder
  • power of attorney - if a representative enrolls a candidate
  • other documents specific to a program.

Documents description:

The personal questionnaire is possible for download as a pdf only, when your application has got a „qualified” status, after the announcement of the result. To download this document, first ensure that all information in the “Personal forms” section is provided correctly and the photograph is accepted. The personal questionnaire is available in the IRK System account under “Documents and further steps” in the table of the application for the program after the announcement of the ranking list. It should be downloaded, signed, and submitted with the required documents.

You should upload the photo to your account during the admission process. It is an obligatory part of the personal questionnaire. The photo must be accepted by the IRK System administrator before you download the questionnaire, as it will be printed on your student ID card.

The photo should have a resolution of 500 x 625 pixels, a maximum size of 5 MB, should be taken en face (facing forward), without any headgear, on a light background (according to the rules of issuing Polish ID cards).

Candidates can be admitted to second-cycle (graduate) programs if they hold a higher education diploma that gives them a right to undertake graduate–level (e.g., Master’s) studies in their country. If candidates graduate, pass all exams, and are only waiting for the diploma to be issued, they can submit an affidavit published by the university of graduation and submit the original diploma by 26th September 2024.

IMPORTANT: all higher education diplomas obtained outside Poland must be affixed with an apostille clause or legalized.

The diploma includes information that the candidate is eligible to undertake second-cycle programs (equivalent of Master). If the diploma does not contain such information, a document confirming that the diploma entitles them to undertake second-cycle programs should be added.

The higher education diplomas, where information that the candidate is eligible to undertake second-cycle programs is not required

Azerbaijan Magistr (Magistr Dərəcəsi)

Austria Bachelor, Master of Arts, Master of Science

Bangladesh Bachelor (Pass), Bachelor (Honours)

Belarus diploma of higher education (Specjalist), < em >Magistr diploma

China xueshi (学士学位, Bachelor), shuoshi (硕士学位, Master)

Columbia Titulo profesional, Licenciado, Magíster

France Licence, Licence professionnelle, Master recherche, Master professionnel

Germany Bachelor, Master

Great Britain Bachelor (with Honours), Master

India Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or Master – at least at Second Class/Division, with score at least 55%

Iraq Bachelor of Arts–(بكالوریوسآداب), Bachelor of Science(معلو بكالوریوس), Master(ماجستیر)

Iran Bachelor (Karshenasi, Lisans, کارشناسی), Discontinuous Bachelor (Karshenasi napayvasteh, کارشناسیناپیوسته), Discontinous Master (Karshenasi-arshad napayvasteh, كارشناسيارشدهتسویپان)

Italy Laurea (L/L3), Diploma Accademico di primo livello, Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale (LS/LM), Diploma Accademico di secondo livello

Jordan Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science – both with a score a least "good"; Master of Arts, Master of Science

Kazakhstan Bakaławr (Бакалавр), Magistr (Магистр)

Kirgistan Bakaławr (Бакалавр), Magistr (Магистр)

Lithuania Bakalauras, Profesinis Bakalauras, Magistras

Mexico Licenciado, Titulo profesional, Maestro

Nigeria Bachelor (honours) with a score at least 3,0, Master of Arts, Master of Science

Pakistan Bachelor (honours) - at least 4 years programme; Professional Bachelor, Master of Science, Master of Philosophy

Russia Bakaławr (Бакалавр), Magistr (Магистр), Specjalist (Специалист)

Spain Graduado, Título Superior de Enseñanzas artísticas, Máster Universitario, Máster en Enseñanzas artísticas

Syria Bachelor (الإجازة), Master (الماجستیر)

Turkey Bachelor Degree (Lisans Diplomasi), Master Degree (Yüksek Lisans Diplomasi)

Ukraine Bakaławr (Бакалавр), Specjalist (Специалист), Magistr (Магистр)

Uzbekistan Bakalavr

USA Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Science (BS)

Upon enrolment in person, a candidate is required to confirm their identity with a valid identity document (passport or – in case of European Union citizens – ID card or passport). If a representative enrolls a candidate, he also needs to have a copy of the candidate’s identity document. It does not have to be translated or notarized.

For EU citizens the passport or ID card is a document entitling them to undertake full-time studies conducted in Polish free of charge.

Higher education diplomas obtained outside of Poland have to be authenticated with apostille or legalised. This serves as the basis of acknowledging foreign documents as valid in the territory of Poland. In case of documents issued in countries that are parties to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 (Dz.U. z 2005 r. nr 112, poz. 938), an apostille has to be obtained. The list of countries and institutions responsible in each country for issuing apostille may be found here. For example, if a diploma is issued in Ukraine, apostille will be issued by the Ministry of Education in Kyiv.

Legalization, similarly to apostille, confirms the authenticity of a document issued in a country other than Poland. Documents have to be legalized if obtaining an apostille is not possible because the country that issued the document is not a party to the Hague Convention mentioned above. If the certificate was issued in such a country, you need to contact the institution responsible in this country for legalizing documents (to use them abroad). Usually, it is the ministry of foreign affairs or ministry of education. After obtaining initial confirmation, the Polish consulate should be contacted to finalize legalization of the document.

Apostille or legalization must be delivered to the appropriate university unit responsible for enrolment, before 26th September, 2024.

Important! The apostille must be obtained on the hard copy of the document. The apostille on the notary-certified copy is unacceptable.

Information regarding the obligation of holding a language certificate can be found in the IRK System account in 'qualification rules' tab. List of documents confirming proficiency in the English language can be found here.

Every document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be enclosed with a scanned copy of its certified translation into Polish or English. Translation should be certified by:

  • person entered into the registry of sworn translators and interpreters kept by the Polish Minister of Justice or
  • person registered in an equivalent function to the Polish sworn translator in a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland or
  • Polish consul proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued or
  • diplomatic mission, accredited in Poland, or consular office proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued.

Translation may be done by a translation agency, but then it should be certified by a Polish diplomatic mission or a sworn translator. A translation certified by a nothary is not accepted. If there is an apostille enclosed to a document, it should be translated as well.

All foreigners, to undertake studies, must be insured. It is recommended, that the document submitted upon enrolment should be valid for at least first year of studies in Poland, covering medical costs up to 30 000 EUR. If the candidate does not possess this document upon enrolment, they are required to oblige themselves to deliver it by 26th September 2024 by submitting a written declaration to the unit responsible for enrolment.
Read More o

For study programmes where students are at risk of exposure to dangerous, harmful, or noxious factors, while enroling they are issued a referral for medical examination conducted by a doctor of occupational medicine. Candidates are then obliged to submit the certificate issued as a result of this examination to the unit responsible for enrolment, in line with the dates from the admission schedule. Information on the medical certificate requirement is available in studies cards on the IRK System website.

Chcek the list of harmful, burdensome or dangerous factors to health that students of selected study progammes are exposed to.

The list of medical facilities which Jagiellonian University has concluded agreements with and where you can make a medical examination indicated in a referral may be found here.

Candidates who undertake studies as NAWA scholarship holders (e.g. The Ignacy Lukasiewicz Scholarship Programme, Poland My First Choice Programme, etc.), should check an appropriate box in the IRK System account upon registration. Candidates who are holders of scholarships granted by the Minister or by NAWA have to submit a decision stating the terms for financing their studies upon enrolment.

Read More o

A candidate who is not able to enroll in person can appoint a representative who can submit documents on their behalf. This document form can be found here.

Read More o

Some of documents such as the NAWA decision, are issued only in electronic form and signed with an electronic signature by an authorized person. If your document has been issued in this form, on the date of enrolment send it by email to the unit responsible for your study programme and deliver a printed copy to it’s office with a set of documents.

The next step after enrolment is to lagalize stay in Poland. It requires you to submit documents, some of which you may receive at university. Detilled information you may find in the section Legalisation of stay.

Read More o

For specific studies, it is required to submit additional documents which have not been mentioned above. A full list of documents required for each of the programme can be found in the IRK System catalogue in the study card in the “required documents” tab.

Read More o