Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display


All information available on this website is related to admission for international students. Information related to Polish citizens is available on the website (in Polish only).

What does it mean?

Enrolment is the final stage of the admission process, which changes your status from a ‘candidate’ to a ‘student’. It is also a final confirmation of your choice regarding the program you will undertake.

Technically, it delivers all the required documents TO THE SECRETARY’S OFFICE of your studies.

It is essential to complete this procedure on time and correctly. If you extend the deadline (defined in the admission schedule), you will not be accepted for studies.

Can I enrol?

If you passed your exam/interview successfully, and your status in the OAS (in the Applications part) changed to "qualified", you may enrol. It also means that you express your declaration to enter the chosen studies by delivering documents to the appropriate Secretary’s Office.

What should I do?

Firstly, check the enrolment schedule and find the contacts of your secretary’s office. You may look for it in the OAS system: open My account, then Applications, and finally, at the bottom of the page, find Documents and further steps – there is detailed information.

Secondly, in the section "Documents and further steps" find the information about the form of delivering documents defined for your program: by correspondence or personally.

Remember, correspondence enrollment is not available for all programs. It takes place only if the secretary’s office agrees to it. The reason for this is that the secretary’s office takes the final decision regarding the form of enrollment.

Correspondence enrollment:

  1. Send the high-quality scans of all documents to the e-mail address of your secretary’s office until the specified deadline. Remember to check whether the documents are complete. If you are a minor, get yourself acquainted with the additional requirements for minor candidates;
  2. You don't have to send a scan of your passport, your identity may be confirmed when you deliver documents in person;
  3. Then deliver all the documents personally by the 29th of September so the secretary office’s worker may verify them and confirm their authenticity. Remember to bring copies of all the documents (except the personal questionnaire).

Traditional enrolment (in person):

  • Please take all the required documents and bring them to your secretary’s office. Don’t forget to bring copies of all the documents (except the personal questionnaire).

Remember, if you are a minor, your parent or state representative must be present with you. If you can’t come personally, you may appoint a representative.

What documents should I deliver?

For the list of required documents click here.

Don’t forget about the sworn translation of the documents issued in a language other than Polish.

The legalization or apostille of your diploma is also highly important.

Application for the reinstatement of the deadline for enrolment

If you could not submit all documents within the deadline due to the situation which precluded that (e.g. illness, force majeure etc.), and you may document it before the receipt of the decision on the refusal to enrol for studies, you have the right to apply for the reinstatement of the deadline for enrolment. In such case, contact us at If the application is accepted, you will receive a new enrollment deadline.

Remember that applying does not imply an automatic acceptance of the application, as this procedure concerns only difficult and exceptional situations. While applying, you must have all documents necessary for enrolment.

Application for reconsideration of the case

In the case of failure to enrol for the studies and the receipt of the decision on the refusal to enrol for studies in your Online Application System (IRK) account, you may apply for reconsideration of the case to the Rector of the Jagiellonian University. Such application must be submitted in Polish and sent on paper by post”.

If you want to resign from undertaking the programme of studies at Jagiellonian University you should fill in the document of Application for cancellation of the enrolment. The hard copy of this document must be send to your Faculty. If you're applying for studies on the fee-paying basis and want to withdraw your application it is very important to resign before the 1 October.

After enrolment, you can obtain a certificate of admission in both Polish and English. Such a document may be needed to obtain a visa or cross the border. You can pick it up at the Welcome Center (Centre of Academic Support, street Ingardena 6). To get it, just write us an e-mail with a request for such a certificate. Remember to bring a valid ID with you.

It is also possible to obtain such a certificate in a digital form with an electronic signature. To obtain it contact the Welcome Center by e-mail (address:

You can collect your certificate at the Welcome Center only until the end of September. From October 1, such a certificate is issued by the Student’s Office.

If it is not possible for you to collect the certificate in person, we can send it by post or you can appoint a representative (it is enough to indicate his/her name and surname in the e-mail, and he/she should present his passport.

Read More o