All information available on this website is related to admission for international students. Information related to Polish citizens is available on the website rekrutacja.uj.edu.pl (in Polish only).
To confirm each registration for studies, you have to pay the application fee.
*for programmes, where interview or entrance examination are in qualification criteria.
The fee is paid on the same bank account number for each application. If you have signed up for more than one programme, you can set proprieties of the payment by determining the order in the tab “Payments” in OAS account.
Application fee may only be paid by a bank transfer or Dotpay (you can use a credit card). We do not accept checks, and you cannot pay by money order (ex. Western Union), or cash directly at our Admission Office.
Bank transfer details
Application fee should be paid to a bank account available in your OAS account once you register for a programme (look for it in the tab “payments” in “My account” section). This is a bank account dedicated only to PLN, if you are going to pay in a different currency, please remember that the payment has to be converted into Polish zloty.
Golebia 24 st.
IBAN: PL +account number available in your OAS account in the "Payments" tab.
Application fee deadline
Your application fee transfer has to reach the university by the “paying application fee” deadline as determined in the admission schedule for the programme where you’re applying. If you fail to pay the fee within this deadline, your application will not be considered.
Refund of the application fee
Application fee is not refundable. Refund of the application fee (or only part) appertains only in case of:
- overpayment, i.e. sum of money exceeding the amount of the required application fee, while all handling costs related to the return or re-booking of these funds are sustained by the candidate
- not opening the study program,
- revoking of application, however, revoking must ensue no later than the time specified as "Registration and application fee payment",
- • payment of the fee after the date specified as "paying application fee", which equals an unconfirmed registration due to late payment.
- The bank account number generated for the registration is only used for paying the application fee, and it’s dedicated to a particular OAS account. It cannot be used for making any other payments (it is not the account for student ID fee, tuition, friends' application fees etc.) Bank account number to which the tuition fee should be paid will be generated for you upon enrolment. It differs from the bank account number for application fee payment.
- All and any handling charges related to the transfer, refunds, and reclassification of funds are candidate's responsibility.
Resolution no. 17/III/2019 of the Senate of the Jagiellonian University of 27th March 2019 on rules for charging fees and exempting from fees for educational services at first-cycle, second-cycle and long-cycle Magister degree study programmes at the Jagiellonian University
International candidates applying for programmes in foreign languages pay tuition for all programmes. Depending on a programme, tuition varies between 2 220 EUR (for Ecology and Evolution) and 14 000 EUR (for MD program in English) for the first year of studies.
The amount of tuition fee can be found in the card of programme at IRK system or in the JU Rector's Regulation for the 2022/23 academic year.
Tuition is paid in the amount of one semester. Candidates admitted to the first year are obliged to pay the first installment no later than within 7 days from enrollment.
In exceptional cases, such as a difficult financial situation, high academic results, or participation in international exchange programs, student can apply for a reduction or exemption from tuition fee, but that kind of procedure is not available for the first year of study.
Detailed information about tuition fees is available in OAS study catalogue at irk.uj.edu.pl, in study cards, tab "About the programme".
NAWA scholarship holders
A foreigner may be entitled to a fee waiver in case of obtaining one of the scholarships offered by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA).
Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) scholarship holders are exempted from fees for studies based on the rules described in the decision of a Minister or the Director of NAWA.
Notice: in case of failure in obtaining a NAWA scholarship and not having other rights to a fee waiver, you are going to be obliged to pay the fees for your studies!
All candidates without Polish citizenship who apply for studies at the Jagiellonian University take part in the admission according to the same rules, as foreigners, regardless of the way of financing the studies. Notice! Neither the POLE’S CARD nor residence card constitutes confirmation of Polish citizenship! Foreigners are obliged to pay tuition fees (so called “czesne”), excluding situations referred to below.
The amount of a tuition fee depends on the field of studies and may be checked in the card of studies on the Online Application System (IRK) in the “About studies” section.
A list of foreigners not being charged for a full-time programmes in Polish:
- citizens of the EU, Swiss Confederation, Norway or Iceland (member states of the European Free Trade Association – EFTA – parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and their family members living on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
- valid Pole’s Card holders or persons holding a decision (not an opinion) about being confirmed as a person of Polish descent.
- persons who were granted a permanent residence permit);
- holders of a residence permit for a long-term EU resident (Art. 186 section 1 point 3 of the Act on Foreigners – this provision should be mentioned on the decision of granting of the permit);
- Persons who were granted a temporary residence permit for family reunification (Art. 159 section 1 of the Act on Foreigners – this provision should be mentioned on the decision of granting of the permit);
- persons with refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or persons who benefit from temporary or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland (holders of residence cards with refugee status or other decision regarding granting of the card);
- holders of a Polish as a foreign language certificate on a C1 level. only certificates issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language (page only in Polish) are valid;
- a spouse, a child or parent in the ascending or descending line of the citizen of the Republic of Poland living on the territory of Poland;
- persons who were granted a temporary residence permit for scientific research (Art. 151 section 1 of the Act on Foreigners of 12 December 2013 – this provision should be mentioned on the decision of granting of the permit);
- persons who were granted a temporary residence permit for long-term researcher’s mobility (Art. 151b section 1 of the Act on Foreigners of 12 December 2013 – this provision should be mentioned on the decision of granting of the permit);
- persons who stay in the Republic of Poland due to a short-term researcher’s mobility referred to in the Art. 156b section 1 of the Act on Foreigners of 12 December 2013 – this provision should be mentioned on the decision of granting of the permit;
- holders of a national visa for scientific research or development work;
- citizens of Ukraine who have crossed the Polish–Ukrainian border after 24 Feb 2022 and are covered by temporary protection (Article 2(6) of the Act on assistance to citizens of Ukraine in connection with the armed conflict on the territory of that country of 12 March 2022) thruout for 18 months starting of 24 February 2022 .
Notice: aforementioned persons are not exempted from the fees for making up classes and classes not included in a study programme. Additionally, foreigners mentioned in point 1 are not entitled to receive a social scholarship.
If you are going to receive a document entitling you to a fee waiver on a programme conducting in Polish after the beginning of your studies, you may apply for a change of the financing of your studies. In this regard contact Welcome Centre (email@example.com).
A change of the form of financing of studies starting from the date of receipt of this application by the Welcome Centre.
The form of application for a chance of form of financing studies can find here and should be send by post or bring at:
Centre of Accademic Support - Welcome Centre
Ingardena 6 (entrance from Oleandry 2a, first floor)